- Now Is the Time for Collaboration on a Comprehensive Approach to Address Nation’s Opioid Abuse Epidemic (Sep 28, 2014)
It’s now time for all sides to find common ground and develop comprehensive strategies to ensure that chronic pain patients continue to have access to appropriate treatments while keeping prescription medicines out of the hands of those who would abuse them.
- Voices of the Patient: Christopher Phillips (Sep 25, 2014)
Today we introduce you to Christopher Phillips, a Massachusetts-based advocate dedicated to educating and empowering people whose lives have been affected by chronic pain.
- Voices of the Patient: Mark Maginn (Sep 25, 2014)
Meet Mark Maginn, a former psychotherapist turned journalist with chronic pain, and volunteer for the American Pain Foundation. He’s working on his memoir, tentatively titled Left Eye Blind.
- Voices of the Patient: Gina Libby (Sep 24, 2014)
Meet Gina Libby, an influential and compassionate advocate who helps give a voice to people living with chronic pain.
- Voices of the Patient: Angelika Byczkowski (Sep 22, 2014)
Today we introduce you to Angelika Byczkowski, a health care blogger and poet whose writings serve as a resource and inspiration for other patients living with chronic pain.
- Voices of the Patient: Elizabeth Schenk (Sep 19, 2014)
Today we profile Liz Schenk. Liz’s experience with chronic pain has led her to become a health coach. In this role, she encourages her clients to “eat mindfully, live vibrantly, and move joyfully.”
- Multidisciplinary Chronic Pain Community Expert Roundtable - Discussion Highlights (Sep 4, 2014)
Conclusion of a roundtable discussion hosted by Zogenix with a panel of leading health care voices in chronic pain management, including representatives from the pain specialty, nursing and pharmacy fields.
- Chronic Pain Community Expert Roundtable - Discussion Highlights (Sep 4, 2014)
On August 26, 2014, Zogenix, in partnership with the U.S. Pain Foundation, hosted a roundtable with a dynamic panel of chronic pain advocates.
- Stop it Before it Starts: A Unique Approach to Reducing Prescription Drug Abuse (August 18, 2014)
Research shows that more than half of people who misuse prescription pain medication do so with medicines prescribed to someone else. Zogenix has taken multiple steps to ensure that Zohydro® ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) is used appropriately by the person to whom it was prescribed.
- Pain Community Recognizes Zogenix’s Marsha Stanton, as TPC Hero of the Month (August 11, 2014)
Every month, TPC recognizes a “TPC Hero” for outstanding dedication to making a difference for those living with pain.
- Drug Take-Back Day Every Day: A Program to Help Prevent Prescription Abuse (August 5, 2014)
This week in Viewpoints, John Burke, president of NADDI, discusses the history and impact of its Rx Drug Drop Box program.
- The Appropriate Patient for Zohydro™ ER (May 27, 2014)
At Zogenix, we firmly believe it is critically important that Zohydro™ ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) extended-release capsules, CII and all extended-release/long-acting (ER/LA) opioids are only prescribed by an educated health care provider, experienced in prescribing ER opioids for management of severe chronic pain for the appropriate patient.
The New England Journal of Medicine: We Must Collectively Strive for Balance between Chronic Pain and Addiction (May 16, 2014)
In an article published April 24, 2014 in the NEJM titled “Chronic Pain, Addiction, and Zohydro,” authors Yngvild Olsen, M.D., M.P.H., and Joshua M. Sharfstein, M.D. said “pointing the finger at Zohydro is not going to resolve the tension that exists today between chronic pain and addiction.”
- Let's Get the Facts Straight About Zohydro™ ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) Extended-Release Capsules, CII (May 7, 2014)
Rampant misinformation about Zohydro™ ER continues to be reported by the media and echoed in Washington D.C. and some states' capitals. These inaccurate and misleading statements are often made without proper context, and are intended to be sensational, to create fear, or to generate headlines. In many instances, these statements are not supported by scientific facts or medical evidence.
- Zogenix Files Amended Complaint Against Continued Massachusetts Restrictions on Zohydro™ ER (April 29, 2014)
Governor Patrick’s new action was taken after a federal judge earlier this month had ruled to reverse the state’s effort to prohibit the prescribing and dispensing of this new, important, pain medication. It is unjustifiable and harmful to patients in severe chronic pain to single out one medication for such legislative action.
- FDA, HHS Reaffirm Support for Chronic Pain Patients Amid Zohydro ER Debate (April 3, 2014)
Yesterday, Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Commissioner Dr. Margaret Hamburg, called for a balanced approach in the fight against prescription drug abuse and preserving the protection of the needs and rights of patients suffering from severe chronic pain. It was an impressive showcase of a unified front and a call for all stakeholders to help at every level.
- Let's Get the Facts Straight About Zohydro ER (April 2, 2014)
We are extremely disappointed that the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Administrator, as she did in a Congressional hearing today, would repeat misinformation about Zohydro™ ER that has been demonstrated to be false.
- Massachusetts Denies Patients a Legitimate Option for Severe Chronic Pain (March 27, 2014)
We agree with Governor Deval Patrick's intention to curb the epidemic of drug abuse in Massachusetts. However, we are extremely concerned by his unprecedented action with respect to a specific FDA-approved prescription medication.
- Message from Zogenix CEO Roger Hawley to Stakeholders (March 20, 2014)
An increasing number of news reports have been including false and misleading statements about our company and our product, Zohydro™ ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) extended-release capsules (CII), the first and only extended release hydrocodone product without acetaminophen.
- FDA Commissioner Hamburg Reiterates the Necessity of Zohydro ER (March 18, 2014)
Zogenix is committed to ensuring the safe, effective and responsible treatment of chronic pain patients. Zohydro ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) extended-release capsules, is the first available extended release hydrocodone product without acetaminophen for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate, and was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) after an extended, 18-month, comprehensive review process.
- Our commitment to responsibly manage, distribute and commercialize Zohydro ER (March 14, 2014)
Zohydro ER (hydrocodone bitartrate) Extended Release Capsules, CII, were approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on October 25, 2013, for the management of pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long-term opioid treatment and for which alternative treatment options are inadequate.
||DosePro is a first-in-class, easy-to-use drug delivery system designed for self-administration of a pre-filled, single dose of liquid drug, subcutaneously, without a needle. DosePro offers benefits to patients including instant, easy dosing, less anxiety over self-injection, no need for sharps disposal, no risk of needle stick injury or contamination, and reliable performance.