Associate Director, G&A Systems
Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Information Technology
The Associate Director, G&A Systems will be accountable for delivering IT projects and production support to the Finance, HR, and Legal teams. This position will deliver on meaningful and scalable technology programs focused on making systems/processes more efficient, reducing manual work, and enabling the company to run smoothly with faster decision-making capabilities.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of IT applications in support of Finance (Microsoft GP, NetSuite), HRIS (BambooHR), Legal (Contract Management System) including integrations with any Commercial systems.
- Develop and manage business relationships with internal business partners and service providers maximizing the company technology investments.
- Work with the Head of IT on strategic planning, budgeting and communication, including setting priorities and being accountable for planned commitments
- Responsible for delivering on the Corporate systems portfolio working closely with the corporate PMO and business stakeholders. Ensure that the roadmap is kept up to date and well understood by all parties.
- Refine and own the governance process for intake/prioritization of Corporate business systems requests and ensure IT team is working on the right priorities with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Act as the IT business systems stakeholder on critical projects, ensuring project success by understanding the needs of the business, taking direction from leadership, identifying appropriate solutions, and determining how technology should be leveraged to meet business requirements.
- Conduct architecture and design review sessions with a cross-functional IT team for large projects to ensure configuration, development, integrations and reporting are being built optimally with scalability and usability in mind.
- Drive towards optimal and standardized documentation of business systems that are continually updated and available for reference.
- Work with the security and compliance team to make sure the systems that are being implemented are compliant and secure, adhering to processes/procedures in place.
- Champion and be a role model in building a team culture that puts the customer first, builds for the long term, collaborates effectively and is results-oriented with a growth mindset.
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, empowered, engaged, and high performing vendor team of business systems analysts.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Builds relationships and partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to understand and mediate needs of multiple stakeholders, who may have competing priorities
- Proven ability working in a matrix environment and leading multi-level / cross functional teams including coordinating vendors and third-party resources as necessary
- Independently prioritizes project specific priorities with daily and/or ad hoc requests while still maintaining high quality of deliverables
- Keeps stakeholders sufficiently informed on progress with initiatives or deliverables
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Must communicate exceptionally well, both in writing and verbally, including communicating with dispersed/remote teams
- Demonstrates active listening, by summarizing what is heard and asking questions to check understanding
- Able to execute well and under pressure
- Demonstrates leadership by taking initiative, rather than waiting for directions.
- Ability to articulate technical problems and business value to a wide business audience.
- A./B.S. degree from an accredited, four-year college or university; advanced degrees preferred
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals preferred, with at least 5 years working on business transformation and/or IT implementation/management.
- Hands on experience with ERP (NetSuite) for Finance/Procurement/Supply Chain/Manufacturing needed.
- Must be familiar with Order-to-Cash, Supply Chain processes operating in a global environment.
- Experience with SOX and the controls of a public company.
- Must have experience in Concur, Coupa, HRIS and Contract management software.
- Understands relational databases and reporting tools (PowerBI or Tableau).
- Experience in system integration, Dataware-house (Azure/Snowflake) and EDI tools (Snaplogic)
- Familiar with System lifecycle (SLC) experience in a regulated environment.
- Familiar with Operating Systems, Infrastructure, VMWare Virtualization, and cloud-hosted technologies (Microsoft/AWS).
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.