Associate Director, IT Commercial and Medical Systems
Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Information Technology
Zogenix is seeking a highly qualified Associate Director, IT Commercial and Medical Systems. This role will be responsible for the IT strategy and delivery for both the Commercial and Medical Affairs teams.
The Associate Director will partner with leaders and understand business needs of the commercial organization for IT solutions and assets. This individual will also ensure delivery of information technology solutions that generate business value. The role will play a key interface role with other IT and business units to ensure successful alignment and enablement of business objectives. The Associate Director well be also accountable for the overall business relationship management, strategic technology roadmap, identifying, qualifying, and driving adoption of technology solutions that drive measurable business outcomes for the business.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for both strategic and operational deliverables toward the Commercial and Medical Affairs business functions
- Lead the strategic planning of Commercial and Medical Affairs capabilities with primary focus on technology capabilities needed to support sales, marketing, patient assistance, market access, and medical affairs functions including pharmacovigilance
- Work closely with clients to understand their business requirements and how best to introduce technology as an enabler to support them in achieving their goals and operational effectiveness
- Provide valuable thought leadership that helps drive business success – the position is the first line of contact that is accountable for all aspects of technology including business intelligence, capability mapping, strategic roadmap, systems, tool and vendor selection, and all general information technology requests
- Responsible for engagement management, including owning and maintaining end-to-end client relationships as the single point of contact and accountability with senior leaders within the organization
- Develop business-aligned IT strategy as well as short-term and long-term roadmaps identifying capabilities that have the greatest impact – including development of comprehensive business case(s) to highlight desired business outcomes/ROI
- Drive the creation or enhancement of solutions that focus on addressing business challenges and needs that drive efficiency and performance effectiveness for the business and IT
- Work with clients, business partners, and other stakeholders to develop business justifications, scope of deliverables, RFPs, and explorations of solution options
- Portfolio Management Demonstrate responsibility for managing the business/client requests, demand planning, portfolio and financial management for all IT engagements
- Project Ownership Drive execution of key projects as well as understand how they work and integrate into the business ecosystem.
- Analyze business requests to determine the best approach to creating successful resolution delivery solutions/projects effectively and efficiently
- Developing detailed budget estimates, project plans, and identifying change management and communication strategies to support successful implementation of technology within the business
- Identify new industry and emerging technology solutions that will add value to clients’ business
- Identify opportunities where technology can provide competitive advantage and leads to innovation
- Collaborate with other business partners and IT Leadership to develop and execute technology strategies
- Ensure business unit sponsorship, at the appropriate level, for all initiatives
- Ensure that all customer expectations have been met through delivery of services or projects
- Align IT services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered
- Ensure all projects are delivered with minimum business disruption and high user satisfaction
- Understand the legal and compliance environment and drive collaboration with the Legal and Compliance team
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively interface with Senior Leadership and demonstrate executive presence
- Relationship building, people management, coaching and general development skills
- A drive for self-development, the ability to collaborate, and an action-oriented work ethic
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization
- Analytical skills — Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes
- Ability to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms
- Vendor management, contracting knowledge, service level agreements
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- BS, MS, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in Commercial Analytics, Medical Affairs Information Systems including complex CRM platform such as Salesforce and/or Veeva system
- Working knowledge of CRM Platform such as Veeva/Sales Force, Web analytics toolsets (i.e. Google, PowerBi, Tableau, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects based on organizational objectives
- Knowledge of procedures/ best practices related to FDA Regulations, SOX, EU GMP Annex 11, 21 CFR Part 11, CSV, GAMP 5, cGxP (cGCP, cGLP, cGMP) practices required
- Related work experience in a Business Analyst/Business Liaison capacity working on Digital Marketing/Analytics programs
- Demonstrated track record of creating technology solutions to solve business problems (globally, or across multiple divisions or regions within a single company)
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry commercial data is a big plus
Licenses or Certifications
- Veeva certification is plus
- Cloud certification is plus
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.