Executive Assistant, Legal Affairs & Compliance
Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Legal and Compliance
The Executive Assistant, Legal Affairs & Compliance position will provide a variety of standard and advanced administrative support for the Legal Affairs and Compliance department. The role will possess exceptional initiative and follow-through while working independently but also as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide primary administrative support to the Legal Affairs and Compliance department (with team members based in the US and EU).
- Manage and maintain General Counsel’s calendar, including recurring meetings, prioritizing appropriately, and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
- Handle highly confidential information and documents with discretion upholding the strictest confidentiality on information gleamed.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the organization and provide assistance as needed.
- Create and update complex PowerPoint presentations, as well as other documents and correspondence in Word and Excel.
- Coordinate a variety of internal and external meetings, conference calls, and web meetings across multiple time zones.
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel plans, including monthly expense reporting and reimbursement for department.
- Provide support and process purchase requisitions and invoices in financial/procurement systems
- Manage Legal invoice tracking and approval system (Serengeti/Legal Tracker)
- Screen incoming mail and telephone calls.
- Provide back up support to other members of the administrative team as needed.
- Manage office supplies and implement efficiencies
- Maintain positive relationships across functions regardless of level and contribute to the culture of the company and general office decorum
- Support various fun company events!
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by the leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years administrative experience required including previously supporting C level executives.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including intermediate-advanced skills with Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to appropriately handle critical information and sensitive situations in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle a variety of situations with peers and leaders in a professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced organization