Medical Science Liaison – Italy (South)
Department: Medical Affairs EU
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for developing and managing peer-to-peer relationships with external scientific leaders and others within the identified geographic region.
The Medical Science Liaison will raise awareness of and develop strong advocacy for Zogenix’s products with external scientific leaders, clinicians and other medically relevant stakeholders and institutions by cultivating collaborative relationships. Furthermore, the individual will engage in balanced scientific exchange based on rational, evidence-based, non-promotional and scientifically supported medical and scientific and clinical data and information.
- Identifies, develops and maintains relationships with national and international external scientific leaders in close collaboration with medical, clinical development and commercial colleagues
- Provides non-promotional support to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders
- Collaboration with external scientific leaders on scientific and clinical papers / posters for publication in medical journals and at congresses
- Provides regulatory-compliant, clinical and scientific training and presentations for internal and external target groups, ensuring fair-balanced and consistent communication of medical and scientific information related to the companies’ products and/or development focus.
- Consolidates and disseminates medical competitive intelligence to both local and central teams
- Under the guidance of the Medical Director, the MSL may be involved in the below activities.
- Manage approval of Medical Affairs materials for internal and external delivery through the internal approval process compliant with Country legal regulations, code of practice and pharmacovigilance requirements.
- Project management responsibilities for Phase IV Medical Affairs programmes
- Develops contacts with relevant nationally-organised patient groups, ensuring that their legitimate needs are fully considered.
- Works strictly within the legal regulations, codes of conducts and pharmacovigilance requirements.
- Supports the Medical Director with the Compassionate Use Programme to ensure ethical provision of service to prescribers of products available in areas of unmet medical need and as per company policy
- Travel approximately 70-80 % of working time
- Minimum 5-6 years in pharmaceutical or biotech (preferred) companies with:
- At least 3 years’ experience in medical affairs positions
- Experience in analysis & interpretation of clinical data
- Strong scientific background and knowledge/skills with in depth knowledge of therapeutic area
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills – including presentations to internal and external customers
- The ability to build and develop suitable scientific networks and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of local compliance regulations related to allowed and not allowed information exchange, specifically promotion vs industry supported scientific education activities.
- Possession of basic business acumen, business planning, and project management skills to facilitate implementation and execution of personal, departmental, regional and company objectives
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to work supportively with commercial colleagues and the wider team
- Local language is a prerequisite and a high level of proficiency in English is desirable.
- The successful candidate has a university degree in life sciences or equivalent.
- Post graduate qualifications, PhD, Pharmacist and MD are an advantage.