Sr. Manager, SEC Reporting
Location: Emeryville, CA
We are currently looking for a hands-on Senior Manager of SEC Reporting in our Emeryville headquarters. This position reports to the AD of Technical Accounting and Reporting and will be responsible for all financial reporting, technical accounting, and equity items for the Company. This is an individual contributor role.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Own the reporting cycle, including drafting the MD&A, financial statement disclosures and related footnotes, and maintaining a SEC reporting calendar
- Create, gather, and prepare all schedules supporting disclosures, including the tie-out binder
- Complete disclosure checklists and review XBRL tagging performed by a third party
- Draft well-written accounting memos, position papers, for material and/or complex transactions.
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive timely disclosure of technical accounting matters and quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Oversee the Company’s outsourced stock administration function and handle all equity-related tasks including tax withholding calculations on stock transactions, Form 4 filings, and ensuring data integrity in Equity Edge
- Perform and document the internal controls related to financial reporting, review of tax provision and tax returns prepared by third parties and Equity cycle to meet Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- Prepare quarter and month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements
- Well-versed in SOX compliance and related requirements for maintenance of proper documentation supporting disclosures and internal controls procedures performed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technology savvy with ample knowledge of financial systems (e.g. NetSuite, Workiva, Equity Edge, Advanced Excel skills including vlookups and goal seek functions)
- Strong project management skills by proactively prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines and demands
- Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with cross functional leadership and third parties to enable collaborative and supportive relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 8+ years of work experience (mix of public accounting and private industry), including at least 2 years of SEC reporting experience for a large accelerated filer SEC registrant (experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry a plus)
- CPA with a Big 4 public accounting firm background, strongly preferred
- Strong technical accounting background
- Experience with ERP systems including NetSuite, Workiva and Equity Edge strongly preferred
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.