Sr. Specialist, Total Rewards
Location: Emeryville, CA
Department: Human Resources
The Sr. Specialist, Total Rewards will research job requirements and evaluate job positions to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of salaries and employee benefits. Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws governing both compensation and benefits practices.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Perform support activities to develop, implement and administer compensation and benefits programs.
- Participate in compensation and benefits surveys to analyze company’s competitive position.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines and recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- Prepares special studies and makes recommendations on subjects such as incentive, compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation, or stock options.
- Recommends company salary structure movements, salary increase budgets, and FLSA exemptions.
- Administers and communicates the company’s benefits program plan options, features and enrollment requirements; assists employees with benefit claim administration inquiries.
- Assist in annual salary structures review.
- Assist in design of compensation and benefit programs to ensure competitiveness with trends, practices, and costs.
- Support employee wellness initiatives.
- Assist in ad-hoc Total Rewards projects as needed.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced Excel skill
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field (preferably Human Resource Management)
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in Human Resources – Compensation & Benefits, preferably in Life Science industries.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, etc.)
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds.