VP, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications
Location: Emeryville, CA
The Vice President of Investor Relations & Corporate Communications (IR&CC) will lead and oversee the planning, management and execution for the Company’s global investor relations and corporate communications activities including shaping of the Company’s vision, strategy, values and messages to investor and external communities. Reporting to the CFO, the role will work closely with the executive management team to design a proactive investor relations and global corporate communications plan, drive exceptional execution, and provide guidance and feedback on all investor and public communication interactions. The ideal candidate will be proactive, entrepreneurial, diligent, and will possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and business skills to complement their investor relations and corporate communications acumen.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
The Vice President of IR&CC plays a central role in positioning and conveying the Company’s vision, strategy, values and performance to key investor and public communities. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop a high-performing investor relations and external communications operation that proactively positions and ensures a clear understanding of the Company’s strategy, competitive position, operational performance, and value.
- Set objectives and processes and work collaboratively with key business stakeholders in the Company to support the workstreams and deliverables and deliver on them.
- Be a primary point of contact and develop, maintain, and enhance close working relationships with the investor and external public communities including shareholders, sell-side financial analysts, and global media and public relations stakeholders.
- Identify key opportunities and develop content to refine and augment the Company’s investor and corporate communications initiatives, strategic planning, and development of corporate messaging and materials.
- Become integrated with the commercial, manufacturing and R&D teams and have a direct line on commercial, clinical and scientific progress and updates to inform IR and communications planning and execution.
- Lead the planning and execution of investor and analyst events and partner closely with Finance, Legal and other departments to ensure accurate, first-rate, appropriate materials for financial reporting, investor roadshows, analyst events, conferences.
- Monitor and assess market and sector dynamics, investment research (including models and estimates) on the Company and its industry peers. Provide data and metrics-driven insights into the market and competitive landscape.
- Oversee and support the global corporation communications team’s planning and execution of PR activities, community relations, and social media communications.
- Ensure corporate communications strategies and activities integrate and complement investor relations activities.
- Manage external agencies and vendors that are supporting investor relations and corporate communications activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven track record of success building and leading high-performing Investor Relations and external communications programs in dynamic, high-growth environments with nimble resources.
- Highly articulate, creative and persuasive communicator; thought partner to the CEO and CFO who can continuously strive to improve investor relations and public communications
- Ability to understand, decipher and effectively position and communicate scientific/clinical data and business and financial statement information.
- Established relationships and credibility with investors and analysts in the biotech/biopharma industry
- Strategic business partner with demonstrated skills in collaborating effectively with senior leadership and all levels of an organization to produce outstanding outcomes
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, and flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Skilled at effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a high-pressure conditions.
- PC literacy required; MSOffice skills: Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively tailor communication to a broad collection of external and internal audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with and effectively influence others.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree (MBA, CFA, MSc, PhD or MD or similar) a plus
Experience: 15+ years investor relations and/or corporate communications experience. Specific experience in pharma/biotech and/or public company experience desired.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Occasional travel required